Email marketing has been around for quite some time and it is the effectiveness of this format that it continues to soar in terms of popularity. Video Email is one of the smartest ways of developing relationships with your existing and potential customers, given you know how you utilize this tool.
Why has video email become the number one way to engage consumers?
According to Hubspot’s review of the State of Video Marketing in 2020, the popularity of video as a marketing tool is at an all-time high. In fact, 92% of marketers today, think that it is an essential part of their marketing efforts as compared to 78% in 2015. From providing a better ROI to a better response from the customers, it is a format of choice among many.
A number of notable statistics are a reason that brands should really utilize the power of video in their marketing more than ever. It is predicted that people will spend 100 minutes a day watching online videos in 2021 on an average as compared to 84 minutes in 2019.
How does video email help consumers make decisions?
When you send a video email, make sure that it fulfills certain prerequisites for it to really work. For example, adding specific products or services that happen to be important to your customer would make the video and the email invaluable. Similarly, including recommendations and making it interactive can go a long way.
The bad news is, your competitors keep a keen eye on the trends and incorporate it in their marketing so you need to work on standing out. The good news is that knowing the customer expectations and personalization can help your video email become more memorable than your counterparts.
Now that we have discussed the many, many advantages of including video in your email marketing, there are some issues that you need to keep an eye out for. Incorporating video can be slightly tricky and there are certain aspects that you will need to test before you launch a campaign.
With the success of video as a format on social media, wouldn’t it be awesome if you harness its power in email marketing as well?
Our platform allows you to do that and makes it easy for you to add life to your emails. Boring messages will no longer be boring if you add entertaining visual experiences such as an engaging video in them. In fact, Martech Advisor reports that the addition of video in email content can increase the click-through rate by 300%. This is huge. So why not incorporate them in your next email and let your message get through to your subscribers!
While including a video in your message, you need to look into how you are adding it and understand the best practices required to make your video email marketing a success.
Following certain guidelines will result in more clicks, increased engagement, and traffic to your website. You will also notice a positive difference in your conversion rate.
1. When choosing a video, pick one that can be shared in an email. An email is not a website, so if you think you can stream it directly from YouTube or Vimeo, you can’t. The video file will be part of the email and has to be hosted by either your content distribution network (CDN) or on a company server.
2. When sending out an email that has a video in it, add the word ‘video’ to the email subject. There’s no use adding a highly engaging video to the email if your recipient is not even opening it. It is a waste of time and effort both. Mentioning the word video will let them know what to expect when they open the email. This is a tried and tested best practice and as is known to increase email opening rate by 7 to 13%.
3. When adding video in your email, make sure it is embedded than shared as a link. Make the consumer journey as easy as possible. Extra steps can annoy the recipients whereas simple access can improve user experience. When you are looking for an email marketing service, it is best to check if the software allows you to embed videos as part of the email. The video should also have a play icon or button in the thumbnail image otherwise people will consider it a static image.
4. Thumbnails are an important part of the video embedding process and an eye-catching one can improve click rate. You must have heard that the first impression is the last impression. In essence, it means that you cannot progress to the next part of the process until you perfect the first step and have users choose to click your video.
Thumbnails also give a glimpse of what the video is about so they have to be chosen carefully. Always use images or still from the video you are embedding. Stock Photos, although attractive, can make your message look inauthentic and made up.
5. The video file needs to be small in size. The images included in the email have to be less than 200kb and GIFs should be within 1 MB. Keeping that in mind, the video has to be more or less in the same range.
Before opting for a Video Email Software, assess your goals. It is of no use including a video and making all that effort in making it engaging and click-worthy if it doesn’t communicate your message.
Whether you are selling a product, sharing a story, or hosting an event; the video should further that goal and not be part of an email for the sake of it. Have a look at how it is affecting your KPIs so that you can keep doing it better.
Some of you may be new to using video in your marketing emails and it is possible to get overwhelmed with all the options available. Lucky for you, our platform is seamless and user-friendly. We even let you create video email templates that you can use over and over again!
With SalesPype embedding videos inside email is easier than ever. We also offer a 14-day free trial so that you get a feel of our setup and if satisfied, opt for the paid package which comes with advanced features. Sounds like a good deal, right?
If you are still unsure you can schedule a live demo call and have one of our team members guide you.